Tuesday, January 30, 2007

What Was I Thinking??

Over the last month I've been working with Jaycob to say an actual word when he wants something, instead of whining, screeching, or screaming. And within the last week or so we've really made some progress!! But can you guess what the "actual" word is that he says now??? You guessed it....

"MaMa!"

At least he has finally gotten the concept of not screaming (most the time). But after I've heard "Mama" 300 times all before 0800, I'm almost more then willing to teach him how to just whine and scream again!! At least with the whining and screaming I can pretend that it's not really my attention he wants. Now that he's saying "Mama" whenever he wants something kinda means I have to acknowledge him and give a response. Whether it's the response he wants and how he reacts to it is what we're trying to teach him now!

No comments:

Post a Comment