Tuesday, April 22, 2008

I Thought We Were Going to Make it...

I thought we were going to make it through our toddler years without anything going up the noses! I was wrong...

Scene: Me here on my computer as usual. Jaycob in bed. Daddy in his room working on homework. Abygail wathing Dora downstairs eating a box of raisins...

Next thing I know I hear her whining, "Fruit stuck, Mama! Fruit stuck". Well, normally this just means that she can't reach the raisins at the bottom of the box and I ignore her and she ends up getting them like a big girl by herself. But... There's always a but... She starts coming up the stairs still whining. I turn around to help her and she hands me the box. Well, there's only 3 raisins down there and I kinda joke her about she could have done it and hand her back the box. She just calmly looks at me and tells me, "No, Mama, fruit stuck here!" as she shoves her finger up her nose!! AHHHHHHHHHHH.... Nooooooooooo......

Yep, I grab her arm to make sure she doesn't shove it up there further and take her down to Daddy! He's talking to her while I go and get some tweezers. He tells her to hold really still and he's going to hold her head while I get the raisin. I thought for sure soon as the tweezers hit her little nose hairs she would start fighting it. But she held perfectly still the whole time! And even proceeded to laugh as I pulled the raisin out of her nose!!

Yeah, we had a nice little "nothing goes up your nose" talk with her after that!

No comments:

Post a Comment