Monday, March 05, 2007

One of Those Days

The title to this post is supposed to be 'Library Monday' or something to that effect.... But its been one of those days....

We headed to the library as usual with no fuss. The kids played with the other kids as we waited for toddler story time. When it was our turn we went in and sat down just fine. While the librarians talked about the events in the library Jaycob asked about when we were going to sing and dance. I told him just a minute, he was fine. Time comes to sing and dance and Jaycob and Abygail are merrily clapping and dancing. Then all of a sudden Jaycob stops and starts SCREAMING!!! Kind of a weird screaming,something I really haven't heard before. He was obviously upset about something, but what??

Not the song he wanted to sing? Well, normally he would have just said, "No. No. No!" if that was the case.
He didn't want me to clap and dance? He would have said, "No Mama".
He didn't want the other kids to dance around him? He would usually just tell them no and keep close to me!

I never did figure it out. I just ended up grabbing both of them and leaving. Much to Aby's dismay. She was behaving and enjoying herself greatly!!

We got into the van and Jaycob was fine, so I thought perhaps he just wasn't in the mood for story time today.I asked him if he was ready to go home and he said, "no". So I asked him if he wanted to go get his haircut and he shook his yes.

The whole way there he was pulling and pretending to cut his hair. He was happy as we waited for our name to be called. Got his sucker and sat in the chair, then all of a sudden freaked out again!
Same sort of screaming/freaking out.

We ended up leaving there as well. With no hair cuts and no sucker!

Don't know where it came from either time, nor had I ever seen him act this way before!

Maybe it had something to do with his sleep, or lack there of, this morning??

No comments:

Post a Comment